I'm staying at work late (as usual, but kind of purposelessly today until a fax comes in). So, here, a holiday wishlist meme.Step One
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.Step Two
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.The List
1. Fanart. I know most of y'all don't have much idea about my characters and stuff as of late, but I do occasionally still post stuff on my DeviantArt account
. Right now I'm playing modern-day Nadja, D&D Danielle (who has a couple of faces; ask me!), Thorn, a half-elf barbarian, and a Log Cabin (that's a lie; to be a Log Cabin Republican, he'd have to not be so far in the closet "he's in NAAAAAAAARNIA", thank you Meagan) Republican as played by Steve Buscemi. And I will always love and treasure Az fanart
especially with D'or in I have this thing okay?
2. Singing lessons. Bonus points if you can find them in Bramptonia, because I sure as hell can't. I used to have a range
, you guys. Okay, so I was never going to be a pop star or opera diva like some of you ;), but I've forgotten how to breathe properly and my range is now less than two octaves. It is kind of pathetic.
3. ...a new car.Note:
in between writing #2 and #3, I was in a car accident where I was rear-ended into another car. The other two cars took minimal damage; my car is probably
a write-off. Merry Christmas! And it wasn't even snowing. :P *sigh* Also now my neck really hurts. *sulk*
4. XBox points card and/or Gold membership. Honestly I don't play many games, but I'd like to compete in Rock Band and I'd like to download Portal.
5. Baked goods of most fashions. I have a sweet tooth. It is probably about to fall out of my head.
6. Massages! Professional or otherwise. Not until I get the all-clear from the doctor, but I like massages.
7. A maid for a day. The apartment is awful and Patrick and I are not keeping up. Must also be able to iron and not flee screaming from Patrick.
8. Books! I need the new Pratchett; I like urban fantasy and fantasy-fantasy, though generally I prefer quasi-historical fantasy (meaning light on the elves and such; more like Kushiel's Dart or ASOIAF). I also like vampires. A lot.
9. God, I don't even know. Cool things.
10. Inspiration and/or interestingness, things which I am sorely lacking. Also time (n.b.: not for fighting).